"Tufting" is an ancient textile weaving technique, usually used to make clothing or carpets. In the 19th century, tufting technology was widely used in carpet weaving. In the 1950s, printing and jacquard tufting began to be popular in European and American countries. Nowadays, tufted carpets have been popularized all over the world, and more and more people are keen to DIY tufted carpets of various colors and patterns
The charm of tufting is that all the novel DIY ideas in your mind can be displayed through tufting. But when you touch your own hand-finished tufted carpet, you will feel great satisfaction in your heart. I believe that almost no one can escape the charm of tufting.
In this guide, I will share with you the steps and advantages of my own tufting.
1. Carpet tufting machine suitable for beginners
2. A simple four-corner frame
3. Tufted cloth specially used for tufting weaving
4. Various colors of yarn
5. Latex for fixing the yarn
1. First draw your pattern on the tufted cloth.
2. Assemble your four-corner frame and tufted cloth.
3. Prepare the tufting gun.
4. Formal tufting: When using the carpet tufting tool for the first time, it must be slow to ensure your own safety. At the same time, make sure that the feet of the tufting machine are in front, and then push your machine according to the lines you design.
5. After the above steps are completed, you need to cut off the excess thread, and then apply rubber on the back of the tufted cloth to fix your work.
6. After the rubber is completely dry, trim the job to about 2 cm from the outline of the pattern, and then use the remaining 2 cm for packaging. Then your work is complete. If you want to make it look more beautiful, you can also stick a layer of cloth on the back of the tufted cloth.
Although the process of tufting is a bit complicated, its many advantages are enough to attract people to invest in it.
Advantages of tufting
1. Tufted works can be used in various scenes. You can use tufting guns to weave various types of tufted carpets, such as cute carpets for me, simple carpets for living rooms, etc. You can also use the tufting gun to weave cute coasters, make mural decorations, etc. You can apply all the interesting DIY ideas in your head to the tufting.
1. Use low-cost materials to obtain high-quality products. If you are going to start your own tufting project, you need to spend a lot of money to buy tufting guns at first, but the investment in other materials such as yarn and latex is very small. With these tools, you can weave many homemade tufted carpets. If you put these tufted works in your online store later, you will get a good income. I believe that your income will be able to deduct the cost of buying tufting guns in the near future.
Relax. The tufting process requires great care. In this process, you must calm down to complete your work. This is also a good way to decompress people who are more stressed at work.
After understanding the process and advantages of tufting, if you are also interested in tufting, you might as well buy a tufting gun now and try tufting yourself.